Not logged inCSS-Forum
Forum CSS-Online Help Search Login
CSS-Shop Impressum Datenschutz
Up Topic Hauptforen / CSS-Forum / 1st Freestyle Masters starts on Friday, January 16th
- By Arno Nickel Date 2009-01-09 17:59
(Für alle, die nicht in unserem Verteiler, aber vielleicht doch interessiert sind, hier einige neue Infos zu dem Start der Freestyle Masters Serie, wenn auch leider nr auf Englisch!)

For all, who didn't receive our info via email, but may be interested...

Upgraded tournament info
InfinityChess Freestyle Masters 2009

Grand Prix series with 5 events

1st Tournament: January 16th-18th and 23rd-25th, 2009

1st money prize $1000,-
2nd money prize $500,-
3rd money prize $200,-
Rate of play: 75 min.+15 sec. per player and game
centaur only  
10 rounds
No playoffs, money prizes will be divided in case of a tie
Start fee: -

Grand Prix points: according to final standings
(progressive score & median Buchholz for tiebreak)
Grand Prix prizes $3,000,- / $1,500,- / $500,-
Grand Prix ranking: 3 best results of 5 events

16.01.2009 (Fri)     19:00 1st rd            Freestyle Masters (I)
17.01.2009 (Sat)    14:00 2nd rd           Freestyle Masters (I)
17.01.2009 (Sat)    18:00 3rd rd            Freestyle Masters (I)
18.01.2009 (Sun)   14:00 4th rd            Freestyle Masters (I)
18.01.2009 (Sun)   18:00 5th rd            Freestyle Masters (I)
23.01.2009 (Fri)     19:00 6th rd            Freestyle Masters (I)
24.01.2009 (Sat)    14:00 7th rd            Freestyle Masters (I)
24.01.2009 (Sat)    18:00 8th rd            Freestyle Masters (I)
25.01.2009 (Sun)   14:00 9th rd            Freestyle Masters (I)
25.01.2009 (Sun)   18:00 10th rd          Freestyle Masters (I)

Schedule for the two weekends:

Friday
--
19:00 CET

Saturday
14:00 CET
18:00 CET

Sunday
14:00 CET
18:00 CET

Please note (important information):

Free registration is open until January 15th (Thursday, 18:00 CET). Latecomers (until Friday 16:00 CET) will have to pay a $30,- charge.

Required information: user nick name; real name; postal adress*, phone number*, email adress* (*strictly confidential).

The organizer reserves the right to publish the real names of all participants right from the start of the tournament.

Registration per email to: arno@infinitychess.com

For further details about the Freestyle Masters series (esp. rules and Grand Prix points) see: http://infinitychess.com/fm.php

Due to the stage of development of our server software, which is still a beta version with incomplete tournament functions, the pairings will most probably done by using an extern software like 'Swiss Manager'. We try to update all tables as soon as possible.

We kindly ask you to have patience with the organizing TD, especially when you are waiting for any information on the private chat. Please follow and prefer the general chat for general information. Private chat with the TD should be an exception in case you have an individual problem.. 

The InfinityChess Freestyle Rules (cf. http://infinitychess.com/fm.php) haven't been upgraded so far, as we are still waiting for a complete tournament software. Of course, we are doing our best to guarantee a fair and sportsmanlike competition according to the best traditions of Freestyle chess, as we have already done in the previous test tournaments. By the way, the main cause for server troubles during tournaments has been the use of outdated client versions by some players. The same should and will be avoided with the upcoming event. 

All participants have to be present in the tournament room "Freestyle Masters" not later than 18:00 CET for the 1st round (that's one hour before the start) and they have to check out, whether they are logged in with the latest server version, which by now is "version 1.3.2.27469 beta". So, if there should be any server update within the next few days, you would have enough time for a new installation. Once you have been registered by the TD, who will be there even at 17:30 CET, you may leave the tournament room and come back not later than at 18:30 CET (that's half an hour before the start). 

At round 2-10 all participants have to be present in the tournament room "Freestyle Masters" not later than 10 minutes before the start of a round.

Last not least, we like to inform you about a change with the server currency "Fini". From now on we count 1 Fini = 1 $Dollar. Existing accounts have been adjusted to the new currency.

If you have any ideas or proposals for our correspondence chess area, where we like to start money prize tournaments too, you may please send me an email. We would like to pick up some of the best ideas the chessfriend.com server had some years before.

InfinityChess wishes you a Happy New Year !

Best Regards 
A r n o  N i c k e l
(General Manager)
www.infinitychess.com
Up Topic Hauptforen / CSS-Forum / 1st Freestyle Masters starts on Friday, January 16th