Not logged inCSS-Forum
Forum CSS-Online Help Search Login
CSS-Shop Impressum Datenschutz
Up Topic Hauptforen / CSS-Forum / Freestyle Chess?
- - By Eduard Nemeth Date 2011-06-19 21:51
Weiß jemand, wie es um das Freestyle Chess derzeit bestellt ist? Was macht FS GM Arno Nickel diesbezüglich? Existiert der Schach-Server "Infinity Chess" noch?

Gruß,
Eduard
Parent - - By Kurt Utzinger Date 2011-06-19 22:49
[quote="Eduard Nemeth"]
Weiß jemand, wie es um das Freestyle Chess derzeit bestellt ist? Was macht FS GM Arno Nickel diesbezüglich? Existiert der Schach-Server "Infinity Chess" noch?

Gruß,
Eduard
[/quote]

Hallo Eduard
Hier der Stand der Dinge zu Infinity Chess
http://www.freestyle-chess.com/infinitychess.htm
Gruss
Kurt
Parent - By Joe Nettelbeck Date 2011-06-19 23:44
Hm.... Ein Schachserver, der abgeschaltet wird, um eine neue Version zu entwickeln? Das ist ja mal eine schlechte Idee...
Parent - By Arno Nickel Date 2011-06-21 17:04
Ich weiß nicht genau, worauf Du Dich mit dem "Abschalten" beziehst, aber falls Du jenes im Jahre 2009 meinst, dann kann ich folgendes zur Erklärung anfügen: Die damals beauftragte Entwicklungsfirma hat den Progammcode nicht rausgerückt, als es zum Bruch mit dem Auftraggeber (PAL) kam. Es blieb von daher sowieso nichts anderes übrig, als noch einmal ganz von vorn anzufangen.
Gruß, Arno
Parent - - By Eduard Nemeth Date 2011-06-22 11:51
Danke Kurt!

Es würde mich sehr freuen dich Freestyle Chess spielen zu sehen.

Viele Grüße,
Eduard
Parent - By Kurt Utzinger Date 2011-06-22 15:02
[quote="Eduard Nemeth"]
Danke Kurt!

Es würde mich sehr freuen dich Freestyle Chess spielen zu sehen.

Viele Grüße,
Eduard
[/quote]

Hallo Eduard
Wie Du weisst, spiele ich praktisch nie (vielleicht zweimal pro Jahr)
auf einem Schachserver. Das ist einfach nicht mein Ding: für Blitzpartien
kann ich mich nicht erwärmen und für wirklich lange Partien findet man
kaum einen Partner ... und irgendwie ist es schlicht ein anderes Spielen,
wenn einem der menschliche Gegner in Fleisch und Blut gegenübersitzt.
Viele Grüsse
Kurt
Parent - - By Arno Nickel Date 2011-06-21 16:56
Es gibt aktuell Bemühungen und eine umfangreiche Diskussion im Rybka-Forum (Computerchess):
http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforum/board_show.pl?tid=22155#tid22155
Ich selbst habe dort folgenden Beitrag gepostet (der kursive Teil bezieht sich auf InfinityChess):

"... I agree in many points with Nelson, Ozymandias and Fulcrum, just to give an overview.
Nelson, regarding the general attitude, as shown in his 5 "main points", which could be called "essentials" or "ideals" (in German!).
Ozymandias, regarding the tour format, as I would also vote for a (big) Swiss, followed by knockout mini-matches (instead of a round robin final).
Fulcrum 2000, regarding the advantages of a weekend formate and longer time controls, while I think 60m+15s has been the most accepted rate of play.

There are also other points. For example, I agree with "no anonymous entries" (Scott), and I think, in our Draft of Tournament Rules, as presented by Nelson and me some time ago, we already showed a realistic, though not "perfect" way, how to prevent "collusion". Btw, the whole thing is rather complicated, if you go into detail; e.g. in theory we never had "anonymous" entries, as everybody had to register with name and adress (this was done by our friends of CSS), but many players preferred to stay anonymous on the server not only for one tournament, but life long time. Even more complicate is the team idea. Of course is Freestyle predestinated for team work; the critical points were how to get control on teams (responsibility of one person for all) and how to prevent "collusion" between teams (or between single members of different teams).
Well now, all these things will definitely be settled, when bigger events like the PAL/CSS tours will come back on top of our agenda.

My position has always been to support ALL initiatives for FreestyleChess, even when I had really big doubts and critics like last year in case of MundialChess (who were really nice guys, as I learned in Linares, where I also met Ozymandias, so that I can say, he is a real person and no cyborg - if I'm right)
Okay, let me please add this, which is most important for my approach to all these things:

As most of you know, I am deeply involved and associated with InfinityChess (though I have never been part of the development team), and I can only repeat, what I said some months ago: I expect InfinityChess to come up with a rather complex and powerful client software (now I add: easy to install and to handle) later this year; I think 80-90% of development is ready, and we should start beta testing this summer. InfinityChess will also be pleased (!) and able (!) to sponsor money prizes for regular events (as PAL did before).
I understand, people are waiting for this since 2009, and they have mixed feelings about it after Infinity's launch failure 2008. On the other hand, did you ever try to see it from another perspective - from the perspective of Arab people? It would help you to understand a lot. They try to get jobs for their own developers, to make their own projects, to follow their own views, and they do it according to their mentality and their way of life and working. That's a fact, part of reality, nothing up to our disposal. And these guys did not give up after their first massive failures, but stick to the idea to create a Freestyle compatible chess server with rich features (I agree, it could have been more moderate, so it would have been easier and more successful just in time) - and they have the money to sweat it out... They hang on to the Freestyle dream and they - still - ask experts from all over the world, if THEY want, if THEY think it's useful etc. As things are, - we should feel comfortable to even have this unique historical chance. So please, have some more patience with InfinityChess project and be ready to play test matches and test tournaments with us, when the time is ripe. THANKS.

Natürlich werden wir uns auch hier im CSS-Forum melden, um Spieler zum Testen (insb. für Turniere) einzuladen.

Heute habe ich auf chessplanet (Convekta) eine Freestyle-Partie gegen TheHUG gespielt, um den Server mal kennenzulernen. Ging ganz gut, allerdings konnte ich keine Engine dazuschalten, obwohl ich sie GUI-mäßig geladen hatte. Hat jemand Erfahrungen mit Freestyle auf diesem Server (und insb. mit Engine-Laden bzw. -Starten)? Außerdem ist mir nicht klar, ob die Bedenkzeiten in der Notation gespeichert werden können. Beides funktioniert bei InfinityChess inzwischen ganz gut. Das Hauptproblem dort ist derzeit noch die Stabilität des Servers bei Engine-Partien, obwohl sich diese in letzter Zeit deutlich verbessert hat. Bei Freestyle- oder "human"-Partien gab es kaum Verbindungsprobleme bei den letzten Test-Versionen, so dass eigentlich ein "soft launch" in nächster Zeit bevorstehen könnte.

Gruß, Arno
Parent - By Eduard Nemeth Date 2011-06-22 11:38
Vielen Dank Arno.

Sehr schön. Dann warte ich nun auf den neuen Schachserver von Infinity Chess. Für mich gibt es nämlich nur noch eine interessante Schachdisziplin, und das ist Freestyle Chess. Wenn ich nur an die letzten 8 Turniere auf Playchess denke, dann kribbelt es mir noch immer in den Fingern! Freestyle Chess mag ich einfach!

Hier habe ich aus den Partien aller 8 Playchess-Turniere, ein Freestyle-Book im CTG-Format, zum stöbern kreiert. Viel Spass.

http://www.en-chess.de/

Gruß,
Eduard
Parent - By U. Haug Date 2011-06-22 18:10
Hallo Eduard,

nett, mal wieder etwas von dir zu hören. Ich dachte schon, du hättest deine Aktivitäten auf andere Gebiete verlagert oder seist vielleicht beruflich zu sehr belastet.

Sag mal, wie geht eigentlich dein Projekt "EN Chess" http://www.en-chess.de/ voran? Wenn ich mich nicht täusche, hat sich die zugehörige Homepage schon ein Weilchen nicht mehr verändert.... Was können wir Schachfans da erwarten?

Nette Grüße,

Ulrich
Up Topic Hauptforen / CSS-Forum / Freestyle Chess?