Not logged inCSS-Forum
Forum CSS-Online Help Search Login
CSS-Shop Impressum Datenschutz
Up Topic Hauptforen / CSS-Forum / Houdini und die Gaviota-TBs +Donation
- - By Stefan Pohl Date 2010-12-17 23:37
Hallo Leute,

wollte nur kurz vermelden, daß Houdini 1.5 problemlos auf die Gaviota-TBs zugreift, auch wenn man sie auf einen schnellen USB-Stick (und damit auf ein anderes Laufwerk als die Enginedatei selbst) legt. Sollte eigentlich eine Selbstverständlichkeit sein, ist es aber leider nicht (Critter!!!).

Gruß - Stefan

P.S: Habe R.Houdart soeben für den Computerschach-Meilenstein Houdini 1.5 mal 20EUR als Donation per PayPal geschickt, obwohl ich nicht gerade im Geld schwimme. Ging problemlos. Zur Nachahmung empfohlen. Ich finde, das hat er sich wirklich verdient.

Parent - - By Richard Vida Date 2010-12-18 02:17
[quote="Stefan Pohl"]
Sollte eigentlich eine Selbstverständlichkeit sein, ist es aber leider nicht (Critter!!!).
[/quote]

It is not Critters fault that you are using it with a broken GUI. With Shredder Classic or Arena it loads GTBs from any drive/folder without any problems.

Maybe in the next version I will implement a workaround, because I dont think that chessbase will do anything about it. They probably don't want to support a _free_ engine.

Richard
Parent - - By Stefan Pohl Date 2010-12-18 12:33
Sorry, but all other engines work with the FritzGUI and find the TBs on my USB-Stick (Rybka, Hiarcs, now Houdini, Naum, Junior). Not so bad for a "broken GUI"...

Stefan
Parent - - By Ingo Bauer Date 2010-12-18 12:49
No, Richard is right!

The Nalimov Tbs are set in the GUI as an extra path. All other pathes have to be set in the Engine options and that is where the trouble starts. It is always difficult to find the right setting for the Shredderbases in the CB GUIs as well. The external path in the engine setting is for sure a broken thing in the CB GUI as you will not find that problem in ARENA, Shredder Classic, Winbord (with UCI support). I am not 100% sure for Aquarium I do not own it, but I doubt that this is causing trouble there.

Actually the problem is, that CB is the biggest GUI, they do not have to fix that problems as usually the programmers work around it. I know of a few flaws in the UCI implementation which never come up because the programmer of the engine often programm and check in "Fritz" by themself. Acttually it already happened several times, that this wrong coding in Fritz prevented an engine to run properly in an 100% perfect UCI GUI. The Ponder problem comes to mind. There are a few enignes which had to be fixed to run in other GUIs with normal pondering because of some strange handling in Fritz. (The early Robbos for example ...)

I hope that Richard Vida will NOT fix that - as a popular Engine which is not fixing other peoples bugs might push CB a little to do their homework!

Bye
Ingo
Parent - By Jörg Oster Date 2010-12-19 11:38
Hi Ingo,
Hi Richard,

I don't know if you're right or not, but all UCI-Engines I checked leave the NalimovPath= by default, as it is proposed in the UCI specifications. (But maybe I just misinterpret this.) And this works fine not only with Arena and ShredderGUI, but also with the FritzGUI! Maybe the FritzGUI simply expects this to be empty and or it expects the whole path (e.g. "E:\gtb"). Whatever.

My proposal is to leave the GaviotaTbPath= as well. I hope this will fix this annoying issue.

Joerg.
Parent - By Timo Haupt Date 2010-12-18 15:20
Hi Richard,

I'd like to say THANK YOU for the new Critter version! This engine is definitely one of my favourites. I think Critter deveres an own website. Are you planning to set up a small website in the near future? And you should add a donation button, too. I would use it instantly because I think you deserve a reward for your great work improving Critter to one of the top engines!

Best regards
Timo

P.S.: The GTB implementation works great - I don't see any need for improvement just because CB-GUI is doing some weird things. GTBs in Critter work perfectly with any other GUI I tested - so just stick with that.
Parent - By Willem Kersten Date 2010-12-18 10:30
Hallo Stefan,

Ich habe gestern genau dasselbe gemacht um Robert und sein Houdini-Projekt zu stützen.
Hoffentlich können wir es mit Houdini 2.0 wiederholen !!
Parent - - By Joe Nettelbeck Date 2010-12-19 21:24
Hat von euch schon jemand H1.5 zusammen mit der Positionsanalyse der CB-GUIs korrekt zum Laufen gebracht?
Parent - - By Ernest Bonnem Date 2010-12-21 03:21
Was nennst Du Positionsanalyse der CB-GUIs?
Was laüft nicht korrekt? 
Parent - - By Joe Nettelbeck Date 2010-12-21 11:04
Okay, sorry. das Ding heißt Stellungsanalyse. Was nicht funktioniert ist, dass H1.5 keine Bäume entsprechend der Verzweigungsvorgabe baut, sondern nur verzweigt, wenn während des Rechnens ein anderer Zug besser erscheint als der zunächst gefundene - häufig also gar nicht oder nur an sehr wenigen Stellen.
Parent - - By Ernest Bonnem Date 2010-12-21 19:20
[quote="Joe Nettelbeck"]Okay, sorry. das Ding heißt Stellungsanalyse. [/quote]
Ach ja danke, das heißt in meinem Englischen Fritz "Deep Position Analysis": hab's noch nie benützt!... 
Wie ist das besser als "gewöhnliche" Infinite Analysis?
Hast Du ein Beispiel?
Parent - - By Joe Nettelbeck Date 2010-12-21 19:48
Inifinite Analysis erfordert deine ständige aktive Mitwirkung. Stellungsanalyse gibt dir erst mal ein Baumgerüst, das du dir dann anschauen kannst. Da ziehst du dir dann genau die kritischen Stellen raus und analysierst die nochmal genauer. In aller Regel kannst du davon ausgehen, dass du mit der Default-Einstellung alle denkbaren Zug-Kandidaten erwischst, aber du kannst den Baum auch verbreitern, wenn du willst. Im Grunde ist es von der Idee her so eine Art Vorläufer von IDeA in Aquarium, nur weniger flexibel - aber dafür halt eben nicht in Aquarium, das meines Erachtens nicht wirklich sinnvoll benutzbar ist.
Parent - By Ernest Bonnem Date 2010-12-22 02:14
Danke Joe! 
Parent - - By Peter_Unger Date 2010-12-21 03:35
was meinst Du mit "korrekt". Unter Fritz 12 "Stellungsanalyse" default-Werte rennt Houdini 1.5 64
Parent - By Joe Nettelbeck Date 2010-12-21 11:05
Aber er baut keine Verzweigungsbäume entsprechend der Vorgaben...
Up Topic Hauptforen / CSS-Forum / Houdini und die Gaviota-TBs +Donation