Chapter 2 Of the Strategic Test Suite: Open Files and Diagonals is now available for download.
* This test suite consists of carefully selected 100 questionnaires on Open Files and Diagonals.
* All of the questions in this suite are thoroughly analysed with assistance of Rybka 3/Naum/Zappa by Dann Corbit. Each question has been analysed by engines for hours.
* All the answers carry some similar traits:
(1) A Rook move to seize the control of an open/Semi-Open file
(2) A Rook move to battery itself in an open/Semi-Open file.
(3) A Bishop move to seize the control of the open/Semi-Open diagonal.
(4) A Queen move to serve the functions of both the Bishop and Rook.
I initially selected 190 problems and sent to Dann, of which 100 has passed criteria. Dann made the final selection and done all that analysis with the help of the engines.
Download it here: [url=http://computerchessblogger.googlepages.com/STS2.0-OpenFilesandDiagonals.rar]STS 2.0[/url]
Feel free to report the results from your engine/ favourite engine, suggestions are welcome.
Special Thanks to Pedro Castro, Allard Siemelink, Zach Wegner for testing this suite with their own engine and correcting mistakes throughout the process. And Thanks to those who reported bugs and tested out the V 1.0 of the test suite called "Undermining"
Test Suite Released time: 4th of April, 2009
Thanks, Peter. You're welcome. It certianly gives me an enthusiasm to work on to creating more test suites.
Powered by mwForum 2.29.3 © 1999-2014 Markus Wichitill